Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Pick 'n Save - N. Oakland Avenue, Shorewood

Stopped in at that Push and Shove tonight for the first time in nearly a month. After being fed up by nothing more than horrible customer service, I decided I just wasn't going to shop there for a while.

But tonight I didn't feel like stopping in at Sendiks, just down the street from PnS, and figured I'd give the old girl a chance.

It was absolutely dead. Parking was unusually easy. I strolled through the store, made myself a salad at their somewhat sparce salad bar, grabbed 8 lbs of oranges and headed to the checkout.

And it's at the checkout that I always have problems with this particular store.

The cashier was more concerned about having a conversation with her co-workers. She didn't say hello to me. I had to get her attention to hand her my Saver's Card. Since PnS cards anyone regardless of age and I was buying a bottle of wine, I had my ID in hand.

It was the first time since they instituted the policy that I wasn't carded.

I paid with my debit card and wanted cash back. Three times I said to her I wanted cash back. There wasn't an inkling of acknowledgement.

The only person who took notice of my presence was the bagger who thanked me for my patronage.

On the way home I figured I'd had it. I called the manager. I told him about my experience. I calmly explained everything that happened and told him this was the second time I'd complained. I also explained to him that I would never be back in his store and I would let as many people know as I could that they shouldn't shop there either.

So now you know.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That happens everywhere! Shit happens then you get luv's!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this pick n save. it's actually one of the few places of its genre where they usually DO treat me decently. they always give my kids free cookies and have tons of lanes open, so you rarely have to wait very long at the checkout. much better than when it was a kohl's and light years better than the only alternative, Jewel!

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eliminate the source of discontent. WTF do you expect from a grocery?

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there
I know the big difference between a store like that and pick n save is that pick n save is HUGE and with that HUGENESS can sometimes come a lack of intrapersonal things going on. They employe young people like many food stores and it can be expected.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...I actually go to this PnS all of the time, I live right down the block from it. It is a perfectly nice store and the 'kids' who are putting themselves through college, working part-time while they are not studying, are very polite and helpful.

It must be rough to be you; so critical of others and so damn condescending.

They didn't say 'hello' to you? Seriously, this is a problem? You complained to the manager because you were not the center of their attention?

Move to Chicago or New York where you actually ARE a number and anonymous.

I am happy you are not going to be shopping at PnS anymore - that means that there will be one less jackass to contend with for parking.

Get a life. Complain about places that actually need to be spotlighted for lousy service or, better yet, let the free market sort it out. Oh, wait, you are probably a liberal; complain to the government and let them open a grocery store with my tax dollars.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

settle down youre just buying groceries. didnt take your meds that day?

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARROGANT? I think so. Your the kind of person that makes everyone else hate America. Here is an idea. How about you shut the heck up and try and solve the problem? Not worth your time to try and solve it? Then don't complain about it. PLEASE move to NY or Chicago we dont need you here in Milwaukee.

I have been to this pick and save numerous times and I love it and the people are always friendly. They do say hi to me but that is probably because I am actually a person and not some jackass. The world does not need you...get the hint

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Pick-n-save is the best grocery store anywhere in the area. They always have lots of checkouts open and the cashiers and baggers are all just fine. My wife and I are there at least three times a week and the only problems we've had were with douche bag customers like David Casper being oblivious to anyone else in the store. David Caspers blog is retarded too btw. If you want to put a PicknSave on the Shitlist the one on North and Humboldt has a whole host of problems going on... but the one on Oakland is just fine

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Destiny Lynn said...

In situations like this when you call to complain it's best to get the names of those serving you that are the problem. Because it was their service that was the bad experience and then after call corporate to complain about management and the training of employees to disabling the store because in avoiding a store that just is not great in your area but is convent for you but is good in other areas is not helping anyone and only hurting you.help solve the problem not avoid it.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home