Taco Bell - Silver Spring & Port Washington Rds, Glendale
One, it's the nearest Taco Bell to my house and, two, I love my encheritos!
But in spite of all my complaints, it seems we need to get back to basics, yet again:
1) When calling the next person in line, say something like "may I help the next person," or, at the very least, "next." Staring someone down with a look of death as they approach your register is not the most appropriate greeting. And yes, we all know you're stoned. Try eye drops.
2) I know the girl behind me was far more attractive that I am. But that's no excuse for staring at her the entire time I try ordering. Might I add that you stared at her with the same look you gave me. I bet you get a lot of girls that way. She also knew you were stoned. As an added benefit, by paying attention to me it will be much easier to enter my order into your register. That way I won't have to repeat it to you. Twice.
3) Tell me what I owe you! It's bad enough that you haven't bothered acknowledging me the entire time, but when the point comes where you need to "close the deal," the least you could do is tell me how much of my money you want. I realize there's a little display there to show me what I need to pay, but that doesn't excuse you from not saying anything as you hold your hand out waiting for my cash.
4) You have the cups on your side of the counter. I feel uncomfortable leaning over that counter to get my cup. But I'm feeling like maybe that's how it's supposed to work, considering I ask you for my cup EVERY SINGLE TIME. Has that much time passed since I ordered a soft drink that you forgot I needed something to put it in?
5) The top of a taco is open to allow the addition of filling. The bottom of the taco keeps those fillings inside. The design is beautiful simplicity. One major flaw is that when placed upside down in a bag, all the fillings fall out!
6) When you place my encherito in a mexican pizza box and I say you may have given me the wrong order, don't yell "we're out of boxes!" Rather, politely reassure me that you were out of encherito containers and had to use another box. I will understand. Trying to intimidate me into pseudo-Mexican-compliance won't work.
7) Please. Thank you. I shouldn't be the only one saying them.