Sunday, July 16, 2006

Your Stupid Ideas In Tosa

This is something of an open letter to Mayor Estness. Why? Because the damage is done and is irreparable. It can only not be duplicated. And, she won't respond to the Early Spin, so why the heck would she respond to me.

I have a few pet peeves in life. They are as follows:

- Door Dingers
- Cigarette Butt Throwing Drivers
- Tarring and Stoning Roads

From where I live, it's nearly impossible to get into Tosa because they've tarred and stoned over all the roads that lead to the business district. Guess where I spend 65% of my income? Tosa.

And no, I'm not going four miles out of my way to go around it. Gas prices, remember?

"Oh but ma'am, that was a week ago that we did that. Don't worry!"

Well, it's a hot day. Know what that means? Your oily mess is all melted. You know, the mess you put all over perfectly good CONCRETE ROADS. For those of you who aren't up on your civil engineering, that's the good stuff. Good use of taxpayer money.

I can't get in there. I won't get in there. I have a nice automobile that I've taken extraordinarily good care of to the point that it looks new.

So Starbucks won't get the three bucks I spend sometimes twice daily. Outpost and Sendiks won't get the grocery money that I spend weekly. I won't go to Chancery or Leff's for drinks with friends. I won't be tipping anyone. Forget about your new Applebee's and Walgreens. If you're lucky, I'll go to Gillies now and then and still buy my 99 cent kiddie scoop of custard. It's a far cry from what I once spent.

And that's all you're going to be getting out of my paycheck for a long, long, long time.

3 Comments:

Blogger steveegg said...

Gille's is in Milwaukee, so don't punish them for the Hugger's actions (now if you want to punish them for Milk Carton Barrett's actions, feel free :-)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Phelony Jones said...

Good! Let MKE have my money! I mean.... it's not like I'll spend any at baskin robbins :)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I know exactly how you feel! Last year they did that to a bunch of roads that I bike on in Tosay... and I was furious! Especially since I ride on low traffic roads so I don't get hit by cars... which means it takes extra long for those damned stones to get pushed into the tar.

I have a pretty nice road bike... almost a racing bike, with nice thin Michelin racing tires... gravel would destroy them.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home